Subject: Re: The Dive?
From: edreams <[email-masked]>
To: Mark Buchalter <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 13 Aug 1995 20:53:04 -0400 (EDT)

Mark, there already exists a great photo to 3d model program for 
windows.  It's called 3D Express.  It's been around about a year and 
currently goes for about $400.  I"ll dig up the info on the company and 
e-mail.. 

The program works by taking two photographs at slightly offset angles 
with a refernece frame (builder's square is great) in the pictures.  Then 
it's just a matter of matching details on each photo and it builds the 
object from that.  An extension is in the works that will cut up the 
photos as you build the polygons and make image maps for the object.  

Scott Bragg              Electron Dreams
[email-masked]      an animation house

specialties:  3D Animation and Simulation

/************************************************************************/
/* Take your dying with some seriousness, however.  Laughing on the way */
/* to your execution is not generally understood by less-advanced       */
/* life-forms and they'll call you crazy.                               */
/*              -- Messiah's Handbook: Reminders for the Advanced Soul  */
/************************************************************************/

--
edreams <[email-masked]> sent this message.
To Post a Message           : [email-masked]
Un/Subscription Requests To : [email-masked]
(DIGEST)                 or : [email-masked]
Administrative Items To     : [email-masked]